Tourist guide for North Banks in North Carolina

1 Introduction

The thin strip of interconnected barrier islands, which stretch about 130 miles along the North Carolina coast, appears to be the outermost part of the Atlantic Ocean than the continent, where it is attached to bridges, bridges and ferries. The islands in the sand, receding dunes and flowing with sometimes evil winds like rolling boats, act as a threshold for North America – or its end – depending on the direction of travel.

The trip here, determined by the land or lack thereof, can involve sailing, fishing, kayaking, water skiing, paragliding, paragliding, kite surfing, dune climbing, dolphin watching and sand skiing. More than anything else, it was first the first English colonists who left their footprints on the sand, the first pilots left paths in the sand during their air raids, the sea, the sand dunes and the winds that made both possible.

2. From the mountains to the beaches

Although these flat islands and swamps of offshore banks cannot be more opposed to the towering Appalachian Mountains rising in the West, it is these peaks that have emerged, becoming their third delivery.

Rivers, clusters of rainwater, flowing east of them, fall sharply from the edge of the second or lower topographical feature, Piedmont. Currents off the shore, then work on and form, such as clay, sediment, which carried itself of this mountain origin 25,000 years ago, after it created the barrier islands and its floating beaches of water.

Because the currents are nothing but constant, their never-resting forces continue to reshape and relocate these island masterpieces, as they are subject to the constantly remembered hands of the wind and water. This dynamic phenomenon is the key to its protective nature because it protects the mainland's most enduring, and like shock absorbers, it often puts the brunt of hurricanes and other severe weather systems.

These sounds, created and defined by the forces of nature, constitute the second largest kitchen system in the United States after the Chesapeake Bay, covering nearly 3,000 square miles and draining 30,000 square miles of water.

According to the National Park Service, "the shattered islands bend in the Atlantic Ocean and return to the embrace of the mainland coast of the North Carolina Islands and the islands."

3. Access and guidance

The Outer Banks consist of northern beaches, with cities such as Kitty Hawk, Kill Devil Hills and Nags Head; Roanoke Island and Cape Hatteras National Beach, which itself consists of the islands of Budi, Hatteras and Ocrachok.

Scheduled airlines are provided to Norfolk and Raleigh Durham International Airports, respectively, in Virginia and North Carolina, while chartered battles operate to Dare County Regional Airport on Roanoke Island. Private Jets First Flight Airstrip serves at Kill Devil Hills and Billy Mitchell Airport on Hatteras Island.

By road, The Banks Banks are served by US 158, Wright Memorial Bridge from the north and US 64 via the 5.2-mile Virginia Dare Memorial Bridge, Roanoke Island, Nags Head-Manteo Bridge and Washington Baum Bridge to the west. Starting from the north, the road leads to the 158-lane American Artery 158 and runs through the 16.5-mile island, reaching shops, outlets, restaurants and attractions. The narrower two-track NC 12 services – also known as the "Beach Road" – serve communities, hotels and restaurants, often overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. The roads themselves cut their way to Hatteras Island, and after a complementary ferry trip, Ocracoke Island.

4. Kitty hook

Despite the consensus and flight history book to the contrary, Kitty Hawk was not the site of the world's first successful flight, although Wright Brothers remained in the village. Instead, this historic event took place four miles south of it, in Kill Devil Hills. However, there is still an air-related attraction next to the Aycock Brown Welcome Center, which itself offers brochures and information on trip planning around area attractions, restaurants, entertainment, shops and hotels.

A monument to a century of flight, created by Icarus International and consecrated on November 8, 2003 on the centennial of the powered aircraft to celebrate the history, beauty and mysteries of the flight and the rise of the human spirit. Located in front of the open sky of Kitty Hawk to create a thoughtful environment, the monument consists of 14 stainless steel pillars in the form of wings that rise from 10 to 20 feet in a 120-foot orbit to reflect the distance of Wright Brothers. The first flight on December 17, 1903 to represent the man ascends to heaven and space.

According to the memorial, "the human race is a continuum of pioneers", sharing timeless dreams and limitless possibilities for vast, unexplored worlds. "

Black granite slabs are engraved with 100 of the most important aviation achievements of the last century, and the six-foot-diameter dome depicts the continents of the earth and is written with the words "When Orville Wright was lifted from Kitty Hawk's sands at 10:35 am on December 17, 1903, we were on our way To the moon and beyond. "

5. Kill Devil Hills

Kill Devil Hills is, of course, the first site of its kind in the world that operates a continuous and controlled flight, and is greeted by the Bright Brothers National Monument, visible from the United States 158, so.

Although Wrights originated in Dayton, Ohio, they conducted all their early experiments (glider) and powered plane (in airplane) in North Carolina because they provided dunes for foot and high winds to generate an elevator with minimum ground speed The soft sand of the landing, minimal landing damage, the isolation of the press and viewers.

According to the Museum of the Visitor Center – sports exhibitions, 1902 gliders, Wright Flyer 1903 copies, talks and service programs of the National Park, and a bookstore / gift shop – the brothers were inspired by their designs and based on the principles of aerodynamics four former pioneers: Sir George Kylie (1773–1857), who founded the basis of aerodynamics; Alphonse Benaud (1850–1880), who built the Bluefone model running on the rubber band and flew 131 feet; Otto Lilienthal (1848–1896), who conducted extensive glider experiments; and Octave Chanot (1832-1910), who became a virtual clearing house for all developments Related to aviation and published in a book entitled "Progress in flying machines." The Wright Brothers' biplane glider, in fact, was a virtual version of his own.

According to the museum, the memorial is the birthplace of aviation. "Here, on December 17, 1903, Wilbur and Orville Wright made the first successful flight in world history." "The bad guys believe that human flight was possible and can be achieved through a systematic study."

This systematic approach, coupled with their intuitive mechanical ability and analytical intelligence, enabled them to understand the opposite weight lifting and that the opposite force of traction, but more importantly, this journey can only be overcome by controlling its three lateral, longitudinal and vertical axes. . This lack of understanding caused the failure of all former experimenters.

They developed control surfaces to tame and thus maintain the stability of the aircraft, and managed to fly their non-powered gliders, which have undergone hundreds of launches from nearby Kill Devil Hill, to the successful Wright Flyer.

Represents two reconstructed buildings Wright brothers. Camp 1903, to the left hangar, to the right their own workshop and living quarters with a fireplace, raw kitchen, pantry, table, ladder to reach the burlap cranes hanging from the rafters that served as their families.

The Granite Memorial Rock is the starting point for the four successful voyages on December 17, 1903, and the marks in the field indicate the distance of each one and the amount of air time required to reach them.

Orville, who controlled Wright Flyer while Wilbur was his "ground crew" and settled in his wings, dominated the takeoff route at 10:35 am on that historic day, covering 120 feet in 12 seconds, while Wilbur himself led The next attempt, covered 175 feet at the same time. The penultimate battle flew 200 feet in 15 seconds and looted the longest 852 feet in 59 seconds, after which the plane was damaged, as well as the weather at the end of the season, more tests and the brothers returned to Ohio.

According to the rock set up by the National Aeronautics Association of the United States of America on December 17, 1928 to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the event, “The first successful flight of an aircraft from this place was made by Orville Wright, on December 17, 1903, in a machine designed and made by Wilbur Wright and Orville Wright ".

The former sea was replaced by sand and sand dunes extending from the first flight rock, which was still operating in the wind as much as gliders and powered designs were replaced by a sloping green field, aerodynamic forces still invisibly cleans sensitive herb tips causing them to swing , Perhaps in memory, for this event after more than a century.

The distance from the starting point, marked by the launch path, to the fourth and farthest sign, requires rapid walking using man-given feet, but in 1903, it was covered with wings where the birds were talented. The bad guys have successfully hybridized human and animal species, manifested as a machine.

The 60-foot-high memorial atop the 90-foot-tall Kill Devil Hill dunes, now covered with grass from First Flight Airport with its 3,000-foot runway, marks the starting point for hundreds of Wright's gliders.

They wrote at the time: "The sand blinds us to some extent." "It's blowing on the ground in the clouds. We certainly can't complain about it. We came here looking for wind and sand and we got it."

Wright Flyer's full-size stainless steel statue, located across the hill at his base and weighing far more than the original 10,000-pound plane, depicts the first historic trip with photographer John Daniels, from the local life-saving station, about to take the only picture That I picked it up at all.

Centennial Pavilion, across the parking lot from the Visitor Center, the Museum and the Joint Aviation Room, offers movies, aviation exhibitions and Outer Banks.

6. Head is finished

Just a few miles south of Kill Devil Hills, in Nags head, another aviation-related attraction is Jidge State Park.

One of the 35 states in North Carolina and four recreational areas stretching from Mount Mitchell – the highest peak in the west to Jockey Ridge in the east, a 425-acre facility comprising the highest sand dunes on the coast, which, over the years, has varied in Height from 90 to 110 feet.

Its visitor center features a museum with photographs of the dunes and their evolution, along with presentations of the flora and fauna of the area, while two walking trails offer a direct view of the park: the 45-minute Soundside Nature Trail and 1.5-mile trails in the sand. But its essence is the dune itself and is synonymous with paragliding. The way Kill Devil Hills was the birthplace of the powered flight, as well, the Nags Head for a personal journey was not powered, since sport, in many ways, has its roots here.

Francis Rogalo, like the Wright brothers who had preceded him for almost five decades, laid the groundwork for the sport and were then considered the "father of modern paragliding". In an effort to make aviation affordable and affordable, he descended into heaven in 1948 aboard a temporary glider whose wings were assembled from his wife's kitchen curtains, claiming that "my intention is to give everyone the opportunity to experience direct flight."

After Wright's footsteps on the sand until they disappeared into the sky, he used their same foot-firing techniques less than five miles from those used in Kill Devil Hills.

Kitty Hawk Kites, serving Ridge Jockey and established in 1974, teaches both the launch and the paragliding procedure, and is today the world's largest aviation school, with more than 300,000 students on its list.

Initial lessons approved by teachers require a ground briefing, the release of the foot of the dunes and a slide of five to 15 feet.

Hang Hanging Spectacular, the longest ice skating competition, is held annually in May at the Jockey Circuit.

7. Roanoke Island

Situated between the northern shores of North Outer and Dare, Roanoke Island, eight miles wide and two miles wide, is the first English settlement in the New World and has many attractions to explain.

Mantio, its commercial and government center, is an attractive waterfront city of artists, fishermen, inns, breakfasts, breakfasts, cafes, gift shops, galleries, restaurants, corridors and a marina with 53 blocks on the Shalu Bagh bay, history is reflected by street names such as Queen Elizabeth Street and Sir Walter Raleigh Street.

Named after the Croatian leader who returned with the first English explorers in the late 16th century, it was incorporated as a city in 1899 and offers many of its own sights. The Magnolia Market, for example, is an outdoor pavilion used for city-sponsored events. Located on Queen Elizabeth Avenue, Tranquil House Inn is a 19th-century seaside hotel on the Outer Banks Coast with cypress wood, taut stained glass and back balconies with views of the bay, shaded beds, continental breakfast, afternoon wine and cheese restaurant 1587.

Another landmark is the North Carolina Maritime Museum, one of Beaufort's prime sites, located in the George Washington Crieff Palace, which overlooks the Croatian sound. Before the fire of 1939, the area was the site of the boat building industry in Manteo, and the current structure was built by Ibn Crieff the following year to repair the boats designed by his father, which later became the official ship.

It is a workshop rather than a museum, and it gives the visitor the opportunity to observe mostly volunteer staff as they rebuild and rebuild their wooden bodies, although the boat itself is on display, along with other memorabilia.

The corridor leads to another city landmark, Roanoke Marsh Lighthouse. An exterior reconstruction of cottage-style lighthouses that spiral ships guiding ships through the narrow canal between Bamiko and Croatian voices on the south side of the island in an area called Roanoke Marches from 1877 to 1955, the general origin was shut down, but was swallowed by water during Try resettlement.

The current replica, fixed-white light, a fourth-degree Fresnel lens, was allocated in 2004, where Mayor John Wilson said, "In the coming years, while islanders mingle with visitors along the waterfront of Manteo, let's remember that, in this The spot, where many ships were built and launched, dreams still light up … a beacon now sheds its reassuring beam in the night sky … "

Lighthouses, photographs and maritime history can be viewed from within.

A quick trip to Queen Elizabeth Street and above the Cora May Pass Bridge leads to Roanoke Island Festival Park, a 25-acre living history complex celebrating America's first English settlement, with plenty of recreation.

The American Indian city, for example, depicts the coastal Algonquin culture, which flourished on Roanoke Island and its surroundings for thousands of years until the 15th century AD, at which time the nomadic fisherman's lifestyle turned into a more stable agricultural pattern.

There is no written language. As a result, the direct calculations of the English explorers, the archaeological remains discovered within the region, and the oral tradition of story-telling and craft-making have provided the basis for park exhibitions.

Under Queen Elizabeth I, the initial expedition, organized by Sir Walter Raleigh, but carried out by Captain Arthur Barlow and scientist Thomas Harriot, reached the shores of the New World in 1584, and both recorded their impressions of the land they had hoped to colonize. The copies of the small Indian city represent the kind they faced.

The basic structure of any settlement of Algonquian was the house of "weroance" or "leader" and was divided into internal surroundings, which was intended for public use and served as a welcome and entertainment area, and interior rooms, where special functions, such as high-level meetings and family activities occurred.

The wife of Granganimeo, the local leader, received several English explorers, then led them to the rooms of the outer perimeter of the house, where they were heated by fire while their feet were washed and their clothes washed, before being led into an inner room for a feast.

Another typical settlement structure is the longhouse. With the support of the seedlings' columns, whose bark was striped from small trees, she opened a curved roof in order to reduce her exposure to the wind, where he slammed her poles with ropes. Then it was covered with a frame of reeds or bark mats.

Mats or animal skins equally covered small doorways in order to reduce heat loss.

Other homes, outdoor cooking and eating areas, and work shelters are surrounded by a long house, and corn and other staple foods are usually planted on the ground.

Settlements uniformly supported between 100 and 200 villagers and were evacuated when the land they lived in was no longer arable, although a decade between abandoning the occupation and reoccupying it was usually replanting it.

More Indian life is illustrated by exhibits of cocaine and food preparation, exhausting boats and fishing dams.

The highlight of Roanoke Island Festival Park is the Elizabeth II, which berths on the bay and is visited by a large team of interpreters like the rest of its sites.

The replica, built in 1983 at the North Carolina Maritime Museum across the Gulf, is a total length of 69 feet and a width of 17 feet. The type originally constructed to transport the colonists represented the second or 1585, after Thomas Cavendish mortgaged his property to finance it, and the ship, celebrating the 400th anniversary of the event, employs hand-blended timber and locust wood pegs in the keel, frame, and slabs. Although a relatively small ship, with a displacement of 50 tons and a 65-foot main mast, was primarily geared for European commercial flights, it also crossed the open seas.

Between 1584 and 1590, eight expeditions were conducted in English, involving 22 ships, 1,200 soldiers, sailors and colonists (including 28 women and children).

The settlement site of the complex, the first English military site on American soil, is characterized by a sergeant tent, a blacksmith shop, a lathe of foot and rope, and a warehouse.

Aside from these exhibits, Roanoke Island Festival Park also houses a visitor center; The Legend of Two Tracks, Roanoke Adventure Museum and a large gift shop.

The history of the first English settlers is illustrated at another important attraction on Roanoke Island, Fort Raleigh National Historic Site.

Although Sir Walter Raleigh himself did not set foot in the New World, he was granted a pact by Queen Elizabeth I, as he had already narrated, to launch the first of three of America's so-called "Roanoke" voyages in 1584 to choose a site for colonialism, Camp to send raids on Spanish ships, searching for precious metals, such as gold. Arrived in July.

عند العودة إلى إنجلترا ، تقرر أن الجزيرة ، بسبب شواطئها المحمية ، كانت المكان الأمثل ، وتم النظر إلى أراضيها بشكل إيجابي للغاية ، كما عبر عن ذلك النقيب آرثر بارلو في تقريره إلى السير والتر رالي.

وكتب "لقد وجدناها أرضا ممتعة وأكثر خصوبة" ، حيث تمتلئ بالأرز الجيد والأخشاب الحلوة المتنوعة المليئة بالكرنب ، والكتان ، والعديد من السلع البارزة … التربة هي الأكثر وفرة ، حلوة ، مثمر ، وصحي من العالم كله. "

كان من المفترض أن تقوم حملة استكشافية ثانية ، تم إرسالها في العام التالي على 108 جنود ، بتبني ادعاء إنجلترا النهائي.

نحو هذه المستوطنة الدائمة ، تم بناء حصن ترابي على الجانب الشمالي من الجزيرة ، ولكن حدث انخفاض في العلاقات الودية السابقة مع الأمريكيين الأصليين عندما بدأوا في الاستسلام للأمراض التي أدخلت باللغة الإنجليزية والشتاء ، وهو بالكاد الوفير في تسببت المحاصيل والمواد الغذائية في الأشهر الأكثر دفئًا في زيادة اعتماد المستعمرين على الأمريكيين الأصليين حتى توترت العلاقات. أدى مقتل الشيف وينجينا ، وهو الحدث الأكثر أهمية في تاريخ المستعمرة الوليدة ، إلى تحديد مصير أوروبا وكانوا من الآن فصاعداً "أعداء".

سفن الإمداد الموعودة ، على ما يبدو متأخرة ، دفعت عودتهم إلى إنجلترا في أول فرصة ، وعندما أبحر السير فرانسيس دريك في جزيرة رونوك ، قدمت هذه الفرصة نفسها. ومع ذلك ، ظل خمسة عشر مستعمرًا يراقبون الحصن والأرض التي طالبوا بها بالفعل.

مرة أخرى عبور المحيط الأطلسي في الرحلة الاستكشافية الثالثة في عام 1587 ، وعد 117 من الرجال والنساء والأطفال ، عازمين على إقامة مستوطنة دائمة وأكثر تمثيلا للسكان الحقيقيين ، قطع الأراضي الفردية.

ومع ذلك ، فقط الإبحار مرة أخرى إلى جزيرة رونوك لإعادة توفير الأصلي 15 قبل السفر إلى الداخل إلى الداخل لإنشاء قريتهم الخاصة ، لم يعثروا على أي أثر لهم.

عاد جون وايت ، حاكم المستعمرة الجديدة ، إلى إنجلترا لما كان المقصود منه فقط أن يكون رحلة إمداد قصيرة ، لكن الأحداث المتضاربة – بما في ذلك ندرة السفن التي تبحر فيها – حالت دون عودته حتى عام 1590. هذه الرحلة ، على طول مع تلك اللاحقة في أوائل القرن السابع عشر ، فشلت أيضًا في تحديد موقع المستعمرين المفقودين ، الذين غادروا على ما يبدو حصنًا مهجورًا وبعض القطع الأثرية.

ومع ذلك ، فقد صدرت إليهم تعليمات بنشر إشعار إذا اختاروا مغادرة المنطقة أو إذا أثبتت الأحداث غير المتوقعة أنها تضر بسلامتهم ، وتحقيقًا لهذه الغاية ، تم نحت الحروف "CRO" في شجرة وظهرت الكلمة الكاملة "CROATAN" على بوابة بوابة ، كلاهما يشير إلى القبيلة المحلية وربما سبب اختفائهم.

على الرغم من استمرار عمليات التنقيب ، لم يتم العثور على سبب محدد على الإطلاق ، تاركًا ثلاث فرضيات: لقد ماتوا لأسباب طبيعية ، أو تعرضوا للهجوم ، أو تركوا طواعية – لكن إلى أين وبأي وسيلة لم يتم تحديدها ، إذا كان هذا الثلث في الواقع لم يتحدد النظرية صحيحة.

يتم سرد جزء من هذه القصة من خلال القطع الأثرية التي تم اكتشافها خلال أعمال التنقيب عن الحصن وعرضها في متحف مركز زوار ليندساي وارين ، الذي يبرز سمة السقوف الخشبية المزخرفة لعقار الإليزابيثي الذي كان يزين ذات مرة جدران هيروندين قاعة في كنت ، إنجلترا ، قبل أن يشتريها ويليام راندولف هيرست في عام 1926 لقلعته الخاصة في سان سيميون ، كاليفورنيا. استحوذت عليه خدمة الحديقة الوطنية خلال الستينيات. غرف مثل تلك الموجودة في مركز الزوار كانت سائدة في منازل الرجال الأثرياء ، مثل السير والتر رالي نفسه.

درب في الهواء الطلق يؤدي إلى تأسيس الحصن الترابي أعيد بناؤها. "على هذا الموقع" ، وفقًا للعلامة الحجرية التي تسبقه ، "في يوليو – أغسطس 1585 ، بنى المستعمرون الذين أرسلهم السير والتر رالي من إنجلترا القلعة التي أطلقوا عليها" الحصن الجديد في فرجينيا ". كان هؤلاء المستعمرون أول مستوطنين للسباق الإنجليزي في أمريكا ، وعادوا إلى إنجلترا في يوليو 1586 ، مع السير فرانسيس دريك ، وقُرب هذا المكان في الثامن عشر من أغسطس عام 1587 ، فرجينيا داري ، أول طفل للغة الإنجليزية الآباء المولودون في أمريكا ".

سرد تاريخي للمستوطنين الإنجليز الأوائل ، الذين تم وصفهم على أنهم "قصة حقيقية للمغامرة والشجاعة والتضحية" التي "تثري وتعلم وتسلي" عنوانها "المستعمرة المفقودة" ويتم تنفيذها من أواخر مايو إلى أواخر أغسطس في مسرح Waterside في الهواء الطلق ، على أرض موقع Fort Raleigh National Historic Site. استنادًا إلى القصة التي كتبها بول بولزر الحائز على جائزة بوليتزر ، تم تقديمها لأول مرة في عام 1937 ، لكنها استمرت منذ ذلك الحين وتوظف مجموعة من أكثر من 100 ممثل ومغني وراقص قاموا بإعادة الأحداث التي أدت إلى أول المستعمرين & # 39؛ اختفاء من خلال مسابقة ملكة ، والرقص الهندي ، والمعارك الملحمية ، والموسيقى الإليزابيثية ، والأزياء المعقدة.

نقطة جذب محلية أخرى هي حدائق إليزابيث ، وهي حديقة نباتية تبلغ مساحتها 10.5 فدان يمكن الوصول إليها بواسطة ممرات المشاة من الطوب والرمال وتقدم أكثر من ألف نوع من الأشجار والشجيرات والزهور.

"تم إنشاؤه لتكريم المستعمرين الإنجليز الأوائل الذين منحوا هذه الشواطئ" ، وفقًا للمتحف ، يوضح "يجمع التاريخ والغموض والخيال في هذه الحدائق الخاصة التي أنشأها Garden Club of North Carolina في عام 1951 كتذكار حي لـ أول المستعمرين الإنجليز الذين جاؤوا لاستكشاف العالم الجديد في 1584-1587 والاستقرار في جزيرة رونوك. "

وفقًا للإشارة الموجودة أمام Gate House ، مدخل الحديقة ومحل بيع الهدايا ، "عرض مسرحية The Lost Colony Symphonic Outdoor الدراما التي زرعت البذور في العقول المبدعة التي تصورت لأول مرة هذا حديقة."

هناك العديد من النقاط البارزة في هذه الواحة الهادئة. على سبيل المثال ، يعد تمثال الملكة إليزابيث الأول أكبر تكريم لها في العالم ، بينما يوجد تمثال أصغر لفرجينيا داري في مكان قريب. تبرز الطوب المصنوع يدويًا ومقاعد الغرغرة والأزهار الموسمية وطاولة رخامية وحمام الطيور الحجري منظر حديقة Roanoke Sound من إطار Overlook Terrace. يكرّم مستعمرة "كولوني ووك" المستعمرين المفقودين الذين ساروا في السابق على هذه الشواطئ المبطنة بالنباتات الساحلية. تم استخدام القصب من نورفولك ، إنجلترا ، في السقف من القش في النسخة المتماثلة من شرفة المراقبة من القرن السادس عشر. تضم مجموعة كاميليا أكثر من 125 نوعًا من الزهرة ، بينما يُعتقد أن شجرة بلوط قديمة قد نجت من الأيام التي سكن فيها المستعمرون الجزيرة في عام 1585.

ومن معالم الجذب الأخرى في جزيرة رونوك حوض نورث كارولينا المائي ، وهو واحد من المرافق الثلاثة التي تديرها الدولة على الساحل. يقع هذا الفندق ، على وجه التحديد ، على ضفاف Roanoke Sound على بعد مسافة قصيرة فقط من مطار مقاطعة Dare County الإقليمي ، وهو يصور موضوع "Waters of the Outer Banks".

يوفر السهل الساحلي في ولاية كارولينا الشمالية ، كما يتضح من عرض "المياه العذبة الساحلية" ، الحياة البرية بمجموعة متنوعة من موائل المياه العذبة. تتدفق الجداول والأنهار عبر المستنقعات والصخور الرملية وغيرها من الأراضي الرطبة في طريقها إلى الأصوات. تربط الممرات المائية جميع هذه الموائل ، مما يسمح للحياة البرية بالانتقال من واحدة إلى أخرى.

تغذي Albemarle Sound سبعة أنهار من المياه العذبة. من أجل البقاء في الصوت نفسه ، يجب أن تكون النباتات والحيوانات قادرة على التكيف مع تغيرات الملوحة ، والتي يتم إنشاؤها بواسطة الأمطار والمسودات.

يتجول ثعالب نهر التمساح والتماسيح في معرض "الأراضي الرطبة على الحافة" ، بينما تشمل شاشات العرض الأخرى تلك "المجتمعات البحرية" و "المحيط المفتوح".

النقطة المحورية للحوض هي معرض "Graveyard of the Atlantic" الذي تبلغ مساحته 285،000 جالون والذي يحتوي على أكثر من 200 سمكة وأكبر مجموعة من أسماك القرش في ولاية كارولينا الشمالية.