There has never been a better time to buy a timeshare with great deals at all top resort destinations.
There are now more than 5,000 timeshare resorts around the world, no matter what type of holiday destination you prefer, you'll find just the right place for you and your family, says Patrick E. Dougherty from Timeshares United.
He says: "The timeshare market continues to explode and is the fastest growing sector in the global travel industry with over 6.7 million timeshare owners and annual sales of $ 10 billion."
“The timeshare market is really booming, especially in the US because prices are very attractive to foreign buyers because of the weak dollar against many foreign currencies,” says Dougherty.
“With time sharing at less than $ 2,000 a week, buying makes sense for many people.
"Many people don't want to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to buy and furnish their holiday villa, and why they continue to pay for hotels year after year."
"The other major time-sharing feature is that if you don't want to use your property for one year, you can rent it or you can choose to stay in any of the 5,000 other resorts in 90 countries around the world." If you need to. "
After Florida, the most timeshare states in the United States are South Carolina, California, Hawaii and Colorado. Other hotspots are Las Vegas, Arizona and Mexico.
Top Ten Tips When Buying Timeshare
1. Only buy at the resort you want and plan to visit it on a regular basis,
2. Don't buy time that doesn't suit you even if you like the resort. If you prefer a holiday at a certain time, try to get this specific week or one week on either side.
3. Check for complaints against resort developer and management company. The State Attorney General and the Better Business Bureau are good sources.
4. Always buy from a professional vendor offering a 14-day cooling-off period, keep all funds in the escrow account and be prepared to confirm that the time purchased is free of all debts.
5. Make sure you know the exact annual management fee and what you get exactly.
6. As an additional precaution, check that the management company already owned by the vendor is ringing in the week in question and that all management fees are up to date.
7. Get everything in writing.
8. Take advantage of organizations that allow you to share your timeshare slot so that you can spend a holiday at other resorts around the world. You must pay a fee to join the organization, and there is a handling fee each time you exchange. Remember that if you buy a week during the months of the year, this will give you more bargaining when it comes to sharing your week at another resort.
9. If you are buying a timeshare abroad (other than the United States), make sure you fully understand the property and time laws in that country's order and seek expert advice if you don't.
10. Never work on the drive or under pressure.